Sunday, 19 January 2014

Having Trouble Sleeping?

Lately I have found it difficult to get to sleep or even stay asleep and it's starting to take it's toll.

My energy levels are all over the place and my mind is a little hazy.

I found I am not alone with this as millions of people do not get enough sleep and many suffer  so severe that it interferes with daily activities.  

One key to living a sustainable life is giving yourself enough time to replenish your energy to reach your goals. So I must take on board my own medicine and start to put some things in place to ensure I get enough sleep.

Do you get enough sleep?

Here are some simple techniques to combat common sleeping problems that I'm going to try

  • Keep a regular sleep/wake schedule
  • Develop a night time routine
  • Don’t drink or eat caffeine four to six hours before bed 
  • Try decaffeinated herbal tea blends designed to induce relaxation
  • Avoid alcohol and heavy meals before sleep
  • Get regular exercise
  • Minimize noise, light and excessive hot and cold temperatures where you sleep
  • Read or write to reduce mind chatter
  • Try some meditations

If you are having trouble sleeping like me give some things from the above list a go and see if it helps.

I'll let you know how I go!

Thanks for Reading

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these tips to help one sleep. People who are deprived of sleep may develop life threatening ailments and a very bad mood. If one still has trouble sleeping, they could visit professionals to get advice on what can be done. Good day!

    Enda Sharp @ TMJ Sleep Centre

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let us know your thoughts