I know it’s been a while since the last post but we had a much needed winter hibernation. Our children are growing so fast and our life is changing often, it was time to move things around a little so life was still smooth.
But that’s all done and we are here to enjoy spring with you!
Yes, it’s spring. We’re so excited we wet our plants!
Now that the cold winter months are behind us, it’s time to break out into the fresh air and let a little sunshine in our life. There is alot to do in the world of sustainable living during spring, and it’s best we enjoy it before the hot heat of summer arrives.
The following is a checklist you can use to ensure you save money, have fun, and reduce your impact on the environment during spring.
Health & Personal Care
- Time to prepare a fresh batch of spring skincare. Use the flowers and herbs in season to prepare your one of a kind products
Make Your Own Skincare Products
- Stock up on natural hay fever relief
- Eat healthy and nutritious food. Smoothies are great during spring!
- Go for fruit and vegetables that are in season
- Drink plenty of healthy fluids
- Be sure to rejuvenate often
- Start an outdoor exercise routine
- Weed out your mind garden. Unknown things tend to grow during winter.
- Are there any thoughts, feeling or emotions that no longer serve you?
- Review your goals and mindset. The dark grey days of winter can affect our mindset so stay on top of the winter blues.
- Review and track savings made from the mini home audit
- Don’t forget to make sustainable choices when purchasing during the spring months
- Check fire escape routes are free of obstacles and hazards
- Check all faucets for signs of dripping and change washers as needed. Faucets requiring frequent replacement of washers may be in need of repair
- Look for signs of pests and mould, take corrective action if needed
- Repair cooling systems ahead of summer
- Give your home a spring clean
- Declutter your home
- Give your home a detox
- Clean carpets
- Clean windows to let in the light
- Seal tile grout
- Change bedding to lighter blankets
- Check tyres for ware and air pressure
- Clean and unload clutter from winter
- Check car fluids and change oil
- Give your car an overall service if needed
- Walk more to save money
Land & Outdoors
- Inspect home for signs of damage and take corrective action if needed
- Check for leaky or lose gutters and give them a good clean out
- Repair damaged fly wire screens
- Touch up and seal paintwork
- Service garden tools and equipment
- Fertilise plants
- Prune overgrowth
- Get your patch prepared for summer food
- Clean out and weed your garden
- Clean outdoor furniture
- Aerate lawn, better yet replace with food or natives
- Go for a picnic with the family or your lover
- Go for a hike
- Go for weekly bike rides and discover somewhere new
- Climb or hug a tree (they help us breath you know)
- Feed the ducks
- Go to a flower or garden show
There you have it, a range of sustainable activities to do during spring. Enjoy!
If you have any sustainable spring ideas let us know in the comments below.
Thank You For Reading